TRANSLATABLE WORK EXPERIENCE:
2000-2003 Photographer and Author
► Authored www.leafpile.com, a narrative travelogue.
► Captured over 5,000 images documenting rural traditions in Transylvania as part of The Color of Hay, a thesis project documenting a disappearing way of life.
► Authored articles on traveling & technology and rural Transylvanian life.
► Presented numerous PowerPoint slide shows to the general public on peasant traditions.
1989-2000 Computer Professional
► Project Management
· Managed long term, multi-team projects including: 7 month integration of West and East coast computer systems for a major furniture retailer, 6 month creation of a suite of systems to provide customers with reservation of inventory sold to them, and 12 month planning for overall systems integration of largest furniture retailer in America.
· Maintained project plans for teams ranging from 2 to 12 persons in order to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Fostered better communication between senior management and ground level developers.
· Performed daily triage of support needs to determine staffing levels appropriate to provide needed ongoing services while still permitting development projects to proceed. Sustained a high degree of satisfaction from the user community.
· Interviewed, hired, evaluated, counseled, terminated and promoted employees.
► Team Member
· Employed both low-profile and high-profile strategies to accomplish the resuscitation of group esteem and productivity of weakened teams.
· Chaired a committee to bring together user community and information technology providers in order to increase transparency in providing systems development.
► Technical Writing & Communication
· Wrote legions of proposals, estimates, explanations and directives in the service of various projects across a variety of software and hardware platforms.
· Authored and presented PowerPoint presentations to all levels of management and staff on subjects as diverse as strategic challenges for systems integration to detailed changes in end-user procedures.
► Development and Maintenance
· Developed proof of concept prototypes incorporating advanced technology into existing application packages for a software vendor. Demonstrated systems at industry conferences.
· Created a workflow tracking system as offshoot from Image integration. Became the portal for access to all of company’s program modules. Feature rich system was responsible for generating increasing sales.
· Responsible for maintenance of hardware, network connectivity and desktop applications for software development firm.
Page || Meet
Kathleen & H. Woods || Purchase
Kathleen's Fine Art Photography || H. Woods' Reading Room
Our Favorite Links ||